POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : another bug I haven't seen mentioned : another bug I haven't seen mentioned Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:24:23 EDT (-0400)
  another bug I haven't seen mentioned
From: Rick Gutleber
Date: 7 Dec 2001 11:33:38
Message: <3c10ef62$1@news.povray.org>
Since beta 6 or 7 I have seen a band of yellow (!) around the "equator" of
my sky_spheres, that wasn't there in the exact same scene in earlier
versions.  I have two that I've used for years... one is a standard
blue-sky-and-clouds based on one of the samples from 3.1 and the other is
all black.  The band is not very thick, but appears in all sky spheres (I
thought at first I had munged up the gradient pigment in the cloud one, but
it happens in the one that is simply black, which can't be my fault.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Beta 8 also crashes when starting to render my Christmas card image for
2001, which earlier beta versions rendered fine, but I haven't gotten around
to isolating the objects and/or lights that cause the crash and the scripts
for this image are huge.